- Capita Black Snowboard of Death 165 2013 snowboard.
- All mountain board.
- Transworld Good Wood Winner.
- Freeride FK has a raised camber platform and elevated contact points.
- Flat Kick Technology for quick edge turns.
- P2 Superlight Core is lightweight and versatile with high performance return of energy.
- Custom Weave Basalt Fiberglass configuration with a resin and glass application for a lighter board with higher energy returns.
- 4x20mm Basalt V Tech reinforcements for retained power and pop.
- Wax infused rotation sintered speed base made of compressed ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene for high speed shredding.
- New Age Directional Sidecut with Death Grip reverse sidecut arc in the midsection.
- Silkscreened + Die Cut Base Graphics.
- PLT Topsheet technology.
- 360 Degree steel edges.
- Full ABS Sidewalls with silkscreened graphics.
- 4x2 inserts.
- Aluminum logo base inlay.
- Flex rating: 6.5/10.
- Effective edge: 127.7 cm.
- Waist width: 26.2 cm.
- Sidecut: 8.8>1.5>8.2 m.
Link to Packages N/A
Great board for your money, very light and great all over the mountain. The Death Grip sidecut is very comparable to the magnatraction on my Carbon High Beam, holds up to speed well (clocked at over 60mph, with AlpineReplay - phone app, get it if you don't have it) and digs in when you need to get on it.
The "Flatkick" tech is what sold me on the stick (and to get me out of the habit of only buying Mervin made boards), but it's actually the only disappointment, I was hoping for a little more pop, like a skate response, or to be able to hit the balance point, but I'm too tall to get over it that well (hopefully by the end of the season I'll loosen up a bit and get there!). I love the graphics on this board, I love showing the base to the lift, you know, in the air and landing on my feet, not rolling or anything!
All and all, this is a great board, lots of bang for your buck, but I don't think I can say I won't buy Gnu again, or get a Libtech (It was between this and a Skunkape and I found a better deal on the BSoD)
(Posted on 6/8/13)
- Tag It
Rollover To Zoom | Click To View Larger
- you may also like