- DVS Transom nubuck shoe.
- Nubuck and leather upper.
- Pin stripe design on heel and sidewall.
- Cupsole construction.
- Heavily padded collar and tongue.
- Impact support insole and midsole.
- Triple stitching in ollie area.
- TPR (thermoplastic rubber) logos at tongue, sidewall and heel.
- Secret stash pocket in tongue.
- Light weight construction.
- DVS logo tag at mid foot.
Extremely comfortable in general, but the plastic that they have running through the rim of the tongue will hurt your foot if you lace them all the way up (as I and many others do), plus the stiffness of that plastic also causes the mesh to pull away and split off from the stitching and the rubber DVS logo on the top to pull away as well. In general, these shoes are very nice, but that major flaw simply can't be overlooked. Supposedly the recently-released versions have had this changed/adjusted, however I've yet to find a pair in my size, so that I may try them and see. I loved the footbed feel, hugging comfort, breathability and durability of everything except for that key part. I ended up taking mine back after a week of trying to figure out how to wear them w/out that happening, but no dice. Replaced them with a pair of Durham SE 14 Kevin Windham shoes (also DVS) instead, which don't have any of those issues and are holding up quite well, even months and months later.
(Posted on 4/12/14)
These shoes are awesome! Just bought them 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier!
(Posted on 6/7/13)
- Tag It
Rollover To Zoom | Click To View Larger
- you may also like