How To Wear A Scarf
Scarves are a versatile and a trendy accessory that can be used year round to help accent or add color to just about any outfit as well as keep warm in cooler weather. With well over 25 different styling options, it may leave someone wondering exactly How To Wear A Scarf
, but with these useful scarf tips and styling ideas you will be able to get the most out of your scarf to set off any look.
The Modern Loop
: Basic and simple, the Modern Loop works best with a square shaped scarf in a lightweight or sheer polyester construction.
- Start off by taking your scarf and folding it diagonally so that your scarf forms a triangular shape.
- Next, toss your scarf over your shoulders so that the two ends are draped over the front of your body.
- Pull gently on one of the ends so that the point of the triangle now sits at your chest.
- Continue to gently pull on the same end, wrapping it around your neck, then resting it at your chest.
- Adjust and loosen the scarf and the ends until even or you are satisfied with the look.
Acting as both a trendy and functional look, the Modern Loop can be used year round as a way to keep warm in cooler weather, or simply as a trendy accessory.
: For a unique twist, try this style using two different colored scarves like a solid with a printed scarf, folding them together in the modern loop to make the colors pop!
: Casual and chic, the Infinity is best used with a lightweight or sheer Infinity Scarf but can also be used in a DIY style with a square scarf.
- Drape the scarf over your neck letting it hang down the front of your body.
Note: if using a square scarf, fold diagonally tying the two ends together.
- Twist the scarf into a Figure 8 Shape placing your head through the second loop.
- Adjust and loosen your scarf as needed to achieve the right look.
The Infinity look is a great style choice for warmer weather, and is perfect for both dressy and casual occasions.
: Wear a vibrant and colorful printed Infinity Scarf with a solid colored tee shirt and a pair of shorts for a versatile look.
: Play it up or dress it down, the Turtle Neck style is named after its similarity to the famous long necked shirt. This look works best with lightweight polyester square shaped scarves.
- Take a square scarf folding it diagonally so that is forms a triangle shape.
- Drape the scarf over your shoulders with the two ends hanging down the front of your body.
- Gently pull one end so the other end rests on your bust.
- Take the long end wrapping it around your neck twice.
- Tie the two loose ends together at the front, tucking them underneath one of the folds.
The Turtleneck is an excellent choice to wear during later summer or early fall months to add a little extra warmth and coverage to outfits.
: For a fun take on this style, tuck in the knot while leaving the two loose ends exposed setting them to the side for a modern and chic look.
: Simple and classy, the European is best used with longer or oblong scarves with lightweight constructions or thicker blends for cooler weather.
- Take your Oblong Scarf folding it in half so both ends are at equal lengths.
- Drape the scarf over your neck so the two ends are laying across the front of your body.
- Reach your hand through the loop of the folded end, grabbing the two loose ends pulling them through the loop.
- Adjust and loosen accordingly, fitting your desired look and comfort.
The European is perfect for the Fall and Winter when the weather is a little cooler. Wear this style over a long sleeve shirt or with a pea coat.
: Try adding a decorative pin or a broach to the upper loop to add your ownn personal flare on this classic style.
: Unique and chic, the Braid is a fun twist on a classic piece and works best with longer or Oblong scarves.
- Fold your Oblong Scarf in half so that both ends are equal lengths.
- Place the scarf over your neck and so the two ends hang loosely over the front of your body.
- Reach your hand through the loop of the folded end, pulling the other two loose ends through the loop.
- Holding the loop, twist into a Figure 8 shape.
- Repeat step 3.
- Adjust scarf, loosening as needed.
The Braid is a wonderful choice for cooler weather to keep warm while adding a unique braided twist to your outfit.
: Try wearing this style with a thick or poofy winter jacket, leggings and some boots for a stylish and casual ensemble for school or errands.
Scarves can be styled in essentially any way. For warmer weather, squared sheer scarves make great swimsuit wraps and hair bands, and for more formal occasions they can be draped over your shoulders and back for a fun and trendy shawl. With an array of creative methods and an endless amount of styling options, scarves are the perfect accessory for any girl!