ZUMIEZ '2011 Couch Tour' SWEEPSTAKES
Dates May 3rd, 2011 through May 27th, 2011
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes begin at 12:01 a.m., May 3, 2011 and end at 11:59 p.m. May 27, 2011. For purposes of these Official Rules, all times are Pacific Daylight Time ("PDT").
2. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes are open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. If the winner is under the age of 18, the winner's parent or legal guardian must give consent. Employees, directors, officers, agents officers and consultants and members of the immediate families and persons living in their households of each of Zumiez Inc., New Era Cap Co., The Keep A Breast Foundation, Volcom, Inc, Dwindle Distribution, Black Box Distribution LLC, Skullcandy Inc., Contour, Inc., One-Distribution Company LLC, DNA Distribution, Branch Skateboarding Distribution, their advertising and promotion agencies involved with this promotion, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, are not eligible to enter. The sweepstakes shall be staged in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and are void to the extent they are not in compliance.
By entering, participants release Zumiez Inc., New Era Cap Co., The Keep A Breast Foundation, Volcom, Inc, Dwindle Distribution, Black Box Distribution LLC, Skullcandy Inc., Contour, Inc., One-Distribution Company LLC, DNA Distribution, Branch Skateboarding Distribution, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, contractors, employees and agents from any responsibility and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, death or damages of any kind caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or in connection with acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Prize provided pursuant to the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER. There are two ways to enter the Zumiez '2011 Couch Tour' Sweepstakes:
A. Online. Access the Zumiez.com website (http://www.zumiez.com), go to the Contest "Submit an Entry" button. Children who are 13 years or older must complete the registration form. If you are under the age of 18 years of age, register first and last name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, date of birth, and parent/guardian's email address and/or telephone number. Minors under the age of 18 who are selected to receive a Prize will also be required to provide Sponsor with a Parental Permission Form, which will be sent to the parent/legal guardian's email address. The Form must include a parent's or legal guardian's signature and must be returned by mail or fax to an address or fax number provided on the Form within seven (7) days of notification in order to be eligible to receive a Prize. Any minor who does not provide this Parental Permission Form within seven (7) days will forfeit his or her right to be declared a winner and/or win a Prize, and an alternate winner will be selected. In addition you will also be registered to receive marketing emails from Zumiez and no more than three Zumiez SMS alerts per month. These SMS alerts will be charged at standard (not premium) rates. You may opt out of receiving Zumiez SMS alerts at any time by texting "End" (363) to 30364. You may opt out of receiving Zumiez Emails at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of any email or contacting Zumiez Customer Service at email@example.com. Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to participate.
B. Instore Sign Ups on I-Touch
Customers will have the ability to sign up in any Zumiez store using the iTouch Zumiez signup application. To enter you must submit the correct email, mobile phone number, gender, and date of birth. By signing up you will be entered into the Zumiez database administered by Cellit, LLC for the purposes of this Sweepstake. In addition you will also be registered to receive marketing emails from Zumiez and no more than three Zumiez SMS alerts per month. These SMS alerts will be charged at standard (not premium) rates. You may opt out of receiving Zumiez SMS alerts at any time by texting "End" (363) to 30364. You may opt out of receiving Zumiez Emails at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of any email or contacting Zumiez Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org. Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to participate.
PLEASE NOTE THAT A HIGH VOLUME OF ENTRIES BY, ONLINE, iTOUCH, OR TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH THE SYSTEM, MAY RESULT IN TEMPORARY INABILITY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES OR A DELAY IN THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES SUCH THAT YOUR ENTRY IS NOT RECEIVED IN TIME TO PARTICIPATE. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE SHOULD ANY ENTRY NOT BE RECEIVED DUE TO SUCH DELAYS.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant entering via the methods set forth above in sections 3, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter, if applicable, will be deemed to be the entrant. "Authorized account holder" of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
4. CHANGE OF EMAIL ADDRESS OR CELL PHONE NUMBER POLICY. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the contest judges in writing or by email if the entrant changes (1) his/her email address or (2) his/her cell phone number. (To do so, write to: Zumiez '2011 Couch Tour' Sweepstakes, 6300 Merrill Creek Parkway, Suite B, Everett, WA 98203, or email: email@example.com).
5. PRIZES One (1) weekly winner will be selected by Sponsors in a weekly drawing starting on or about May 9, 2011, from all eligible entries received prior to 12:00AM on May 27th, 2011 (4 total weekly prize winners). One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected by Sponsors in a random drawing on or about June 1, 2011 from all eligible entries received and/or postmarked by May 27, 2011. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
The Grand Prize package consists of: The Zumiez Couch Tour grand prize pack to include one (1) $300 New Era gift card and cap carrying case, autographed limited deck from Almost, $500 worth of clothing from Volcom, prizes from Keep A breast, Fallen, Zero, Skullcandy, Habitat, Alien Workshop, Plan B, Eight (8) signature team shoes from Supra, one (1) autographed GPS camera set with battery, case and mounts plus one (1) Zumiez Couch.
Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize: $ 3,000.00 U.S.D.
Weekly prize package consists of: The Zumiez Couch Tour weekly prize pack from our partners to also include one (1) $200 (retail value) Zumiez gift card.
Approximate Retail Value of Weekly Prize: $1,000.00 U.S.D.
All merchandise will be selected at the sole discretion of Sponsors. The depiction of Grand or Weekly Prize package in any advertising or promotional materials may not reflect the actual Grand or Weekly Prize package delivered to the winner.
Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes on the Prize, as well as any and all expenses relative to participation in the Sweepstakes not specified herein. No prize substitutions allowed except at sole discretion of the Sponsors. Prizes are not transferable. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute Prizes with prizes of equal or greater value, if Prizes become unavailable for any reason. Any portion of the Prizes not accepted by the winner will be forfeited.
Sponsors and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies maintain no control over the personnel, equipment, or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, restaurant, or other person or entity furnishing service, products, or accommodations as a part of the Prize packages, since Sponsors are merely independent suppliers of the Prize and are not in any way related to the other suppliers. Sponsors shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of those suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors, (2) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service, product, or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished, or otherwise used by any of those suppliers, (3) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee Sponsors or (4) by any cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsors.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS. If Prize winners have not attained the age of majority in state of residence, the Prize will be awarded in name of parent or guardian. By accepting and/or using the Prize, except where prohibited, all winners grant to Sponsors and their advertising, press and marketing agencies the right to use, and publish his or her proper name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information and state and announce winner's name, home city and state in any media to promote Sponsors and the promotion without additional compensation. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a Prize, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized accountholder of the email account. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any person or email address that Sponsors determine to be in violation of any term contained in these Rules. By accepting a Prize, winners also release Sponsors their directors, officers, agents, employees, officers and consultants and their marketing and promotion agencies from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the Prize.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Sponsors are not responsible for misdirected mail, incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, including but not limited to malfunctions, human error, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failures of: any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Sweepstakes and, in such event, to select a winner by random drawing from among all valid entries received up to such time of cancellation, termination or suspension.
Potential winner will be notified within approximately 72 hours after drawing by email and/or phone and may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity Release (where legal). If potential winner does not reply to such notification, the notification is undeliverable after up to three (3) attempts and/or the Affidavit and Releases are not returned as instructed within seven (7) days of their transmission, potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing. In the event that a potential winner is a minor under the age of 18, his/her parent or legal guardian will be notified by email and will be required to sign and return via fax or to an address designated in said email, a Parental Permission Form (signifying permission for the minor to be declared a potential winner) as well as the Affidavit and Releases. In the event that this notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsors will attempt to re-send up to three (3) times. If the Parental Permission Form, the Affidavit, and Releases are not returned within seven (7) days of their transmission, or should the email after three (3) attempts be returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. All responsibilities of a minor will be assumed by his/her parent/legal guardian. All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to be bound by these official rules and by the decisions of the sweepstake administrators which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
8. MISCELLANEOUS. For a copy of the winners' names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope before July 30, 2011 to: Zumiez '2011 Couch Tour' Sweepstakes, 6300 Merrill Creek Parkway, Suite B, Everett, WA 98203. Winners' names may be posted online after May 27, 2011 at www.zumiez.com
9. SPONSORS. The sponsors for this Sweepstakes are Zumiez Inc., 6300 Merrill Creek Parkway, Suite B, Everett, WA 98203. New Era Cap Co., 9842 Research Drive, Irvine, CA 92618. The Keep A Breast Foundation, 2251Las Palmas Dr., Carlsbad, CA 92011. Volcom, Inc., 1740 Monrovia Avenue, Costa Mesa, CA 92627. Dwindle Distribution, 225 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA 90245. Black Box Distribution LLC, 2777 Loker Ave W. Unit A, Carlsbad, CA 92010. Skullcandy Inc., 1441 W. Ute Blvd., Suite 250, Park City, UT 84098. Contour, Inc., 3131 Western Ave, Suite 410, Seattle, WA 98122. One-Distribution Company LLC, 3233 West Harvard St. Santa Ana, CA 92704. DNA Distribution, 2947 Boulder Ave., Dayton, OH 45414. Branch Skateboarding Distribution, 121 Waterworks Way, Irvine, CA 92618.